Re: Europa-List: Skidded turn traffic pattern stall video

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Skidded turn traffic pattern stall video
From: David Joyce <davidjoyce@doctors.org.uk>
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2006 13:13:38

William, For a gliding tug pilot landing over trees and slideslipping down
to round out level was pretty much routine, and I have naturally
slideslipped my Europa when appropriate (such as PFLs) I have to say that it
has always behaved impeccably and felt entirely comfortable in the
slideslip. There is a natural tendency for speed to build up in the slip
unless you go out of your way to prevent it and I think it is very unlikely
that someone would inadvertently stall in the process. Regards, David Joyce,
G-XSDJ