RE: Europa-List: (no subject)

Subject: RE: Europa-List: (no subject)
From: nigel charles <nwcmc@tiscali.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2006 11:44:59

I assume we are talking about a Rotax engine? The first check is to
confirm it is not an indication problem. If the voltage at the regulator
output is less than 13 volts at say 3000rpm the generator is not working
as it should. If so the most likely culprit is the regulator. If
possible borrow someone else's regulator to see if the fault disappears.
This is an easy task and would only take a few minutes. Be sure the
grounding connection to the regulator is good otherwise it can do damage
to the regulator.

If the regulator is not the problem and the output is still low then the
generator coils or wiring from them to the regulator are at fault.

Hope this helps.

Nigel Charles