Re: Europa-List: Voltage Regulator Failure

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Voltage Regulator Failure
From: Tim Ward <ward.t@xtra.co.nz>
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2006 11:57:14

Hi Europaeans,
Fixed the Regulator/Rectifier problem.
 Had  the unit checked out by a Rotax agent here and all was OK. So back to
tracking it down with the voltmeter. Before re-installing the DIN plug to
the Regulator/Rectifier I cleaned the terminals and checked the crimping. I
then made sure the connections were good and plug FULLY installed. I noticed
then the plug had gone in a lot further from when I took it out. Ah Ha. So
started up the engine and hey presto!! it was charging the battery.
Conclusion; Vibrations, I think, must have caused the plug to slip down,
despite the plastic holding brackets and caused a stator terminal to not
connect sufficiently well.The plastic brackets certainly do not hold it
securely in place.
So many thanks for your help.
Cheers,
Tim