Re: Europa-List: Heat exchanger

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Heat exchanger
From: Raimo Toivio <raimo.toivio@rwm.fi>
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2006 14:31:52

Of course not. Main advantage is to get about same
temperature with oil and water, as Jos wrote. Ideal
temperature will be achieved also as soon as possible
and keeped there with the help of a water thermostat
(which is a separate equipment).

Engine pre-heating system is electric (mains 230 VAC
or 110 VAC) as I wrote. Total power is 550W.
This is also a separate equipment and it is equipped
with a thermostat also. There is power enough to
heat also cockpit /panel especially if the engine
cowlings are coverred by heat insulated blanket or
other separate cover as the wings and other flying
surfaces. That is common practise here in Scandinavia
(if you keep your plane outside). It is possible also to
add a separate heat blower in the cockpit and connect it
to the same wiring loom as engine pre-heater. It is weight is
about one kilo and it is not fixed. It is also equipped with a
thermostat and overall structure is safe enough to use in a
cockpit (do not cover it anyway!).You take it away before flying.

The prices for all previous components without tax:

- big heat exchanger 359 euros (this is for Rotax 914)
- smaller heat exchanger 300 euros (for 912 and 912S)
- water thermostat 316 euros
- electric water heater 550W with thermostat 144 euros
- electric cockpit air heater 1200 W with thermostat less than 50 euros

Mr Pertti Lehtinen will do happily also international shipments.
Contact  direct info@aerotecno.fi

Me neither have personally no business interests for this - only want to help
him
& you.

Wishes, Raimo

Raimo M W Toivio

OH-XRT #417 1402 hrs so far, engine installation
OH-CVK C172 Skyhawk in hangar behind many other planes ;(
OH-BLL Beechcraft C45 w radial engines (grounded)

37500  Lempaala
Finland
tel + 358 3 3753 777
fax + 358 3 3753 100