Re: Europa-List: RE: Europa-List Digest: 7 Msgs - 01/14/06

Subject: Re: Europa-List: RE: Europa-List Digest: 7 Msgs - 01/14/06
From: AlanB <aopd37@dsl.pipex.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2006 17:26:55

>>So far not so good I'm afraid - I tried a model aircraft iron, a soldering
> iron with a filed down tip, a hot knife, and a heat gun.  All this on
> local
> areas.<<

William,

If I can add my twopenneth.

I suggest, IMHO, that you might be localising the heat too much with the
above tools.

Try an experiment with some scrap pieces glued with Redux first.

Then to get them apart heat the area by moving the heat gun from side to
side warming the area, not localised heathing. Use a thin bladed flat knife,
long enough to go all the way through the joint and tough enough not to
snap, to get between the joint and create a gap.

Work along the joint with the heat gun sweeping from side to side all the
time heating an area not greating hot spots.

Don't get the heat gun too close, else it burns, not too far or it won't
heat enough and don't try to do it too quickly.

Once you've got confidence from the experiment with the scrap then try your
wing.

All IMHO of course, but I have managed similar.

Alan