RE: Europa-List: Electronic Tagging

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Electronic Tagging
From: Jeremy Davey <europaflyer3@msn.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Jan 2006 12:43:54

Brian,

My guess is that this is actually about 'sense and avoid' for UAVs, not
about en-route charging. If they tried to impose the latter, think about the
problems they'd have with the inevitable civil disobedience that ensued?
After all, if you're paying for that air-traffic service, why not use it?
Imagine the mayhem if 200 light aircraft flying see-and-avoid past the
Heathrow zone all tried to make courtesy calls to Approach at the same time
during the morning peak of arrivals from the US! Pure coincidence that
they're all passing at the same time, of course...

Like all aviators, I think that if they want us to carry Mode S in order to
help their UAVs, they should pay for the kit!

Cheers,
Jeremy

Jeremy Davey
Europa Monowheel 537M G-EZZA
Europa Club Vice-Chairman, Webmaster, PFA NC Representative
PFA EC Member
"If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs, then it is
possible you haven't grasped the severity of the situation."
Tail done
Standard XS wings with mods underway
CM installed in fuse (with airbrakes fittings)
1430 build hours to date, build currently stalled due to house moves and
lack of workshop
Intended fit:
Rotax 914 turbo, Airmaster CS fully-feathering prop
Lots of lights, buttons, switches, gizmos, and alarms