Re: Europa-List: EZ-TRIM Altitude Hold PCB

Subject: Re: Europa-List: EZ-TRIM Altitude Hold PCB
From: Duncan McFadyean <ami@mcfadyean.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 14 May 2005 00:19:17

<>
You asked for it.
But I agree.

In particular, the trim motor in the Europa works hard against the high
friction load in the anti servo tab drive system; I doubt that the trim
motor would have sufficient continuous-rating to keep up with that.

Try maintaining altitude by keeping throttle position fixed and "jabbing"
manually at the trim in proportion to the magnitude of indication on the
VSI; wouldn't work on mine (due mainly to delays introduced by loose
tolerances in the trim tab system).

Duncan McF.