Re: Europa-List: rear cylinders HOT on my 914

Subject: Re: Europa-List: rear cylinders HOT on my 914
From: DaveMiller@avivacanada.com
Date: Thu, 5 May 2005 08:33:55
 05/05/2005 08:34:01 AM,
        Serialize complete at 05/05/2005 08:34:01 AM

Paul,

I was chatting with a 914 mono builder (Chris Staines) on the weekend, his
feeling was that the rear temps were higher mainly because of the
proximity of the sender to the exhaust pipe.

Chris incidentally re-worked his lower cowling over the winter, to move
the air intake "chin" back about a foot, just in front of the Radiator.
Also cut down on the intake area and cleaned up the air outflow. He also
added 4 extra louvres on top.
To date temps are lower ( although its still cold up here ). Also appears
to have picked up a knot or two in cruise, but this is hard to verify.
The aircraft profile is prettier now.

Dave A061

Paul Boulet <possibletodo@yahoo.com>
Sent by: owner-europa-list-server@matronics.com