Re: Europa-List: Access and Mod 70 ...no joke !

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Access and Mod 70 ...no joke !
From: Jos Okhuijsen <josoke@ukolo.fi>
Date: Thu, 5 May 2005 14:16:09

Yes, other opinion! Don't like the mod 70 bashing at all. Seems to me a
gross misappreciation of the technical intellect (Andy) at the factory. My
line of thought is like this: The cables, especially preloaded with
turnbuckels put an extra load on the arm and it's connections in a static
situation. If there are forces sideways (bumpy air) these forces will
increase with a 10 x factor (arm lenghts). Same sitiation in the
tri-gear.I have the cables (one turnbuckle) in place, but the top is not
fitted yet, so i have an easy one on this i must admit. Making a mod on a
mod by adding again cables ect seems a bit arrogant.

Regards,

Jos Okhuijsen