Re: Europa-List: Spar Placement Problem

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Spar Placement Problem
From: Fergus Kyle <VE3LVO@rac.ca>
Date: Tue, 11 May 2004 22:44:32

----- Original Message -----
From: <DuaneFamly@aol.com>
Subject: Europa-List: Spar Placement Problem

"| Good day to all,
| I just found a problem and wanted some feedback from those more
experienced than myself.
| I had already set the angle of incidence of both wings and epoxied both
fore
| and aft blocks for the wing pins to set in. After the epoxy had set and
before
| removing the wings, so I could move on to the next phase, I rechecked the
| angles and they hadn't moved. They were both right where I had set them.
| I just put both wings back on to adjust the aileron travel and noticed
that
| when the control stick was full left there was an interference. I found
that
| the port bellcrank was just rubbing against the spar socket mounted on the
port spar. "

Duane,
            There IS too much pip-pin showing between your spars and I'm
afraid I can't guess why..................
However, I did have an interference problem between the port beelcrank plate
and the spar 'cup' on that side. I was advised I could easily take a few mm.
off the bellcrank on the interference side and did so, with good results.
Good Luck
Ferg