Re: Europa-List: Europa Club 'Tour de France, 19-26/6/04

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Europa Club 'Tour de France, 19-26/6/04
From: Simon Miles <Simon.Miles@skynet.be>
Date: Tue, 11 May 2004 21:22:04

David,

You mention that you intend to visit Reims Champagne(LFSR) as one of the
stops during your proposed tour.

In my experience LFSR is not available to GA (because it is a military
field - nevertheless, I have never been refused a zone transit) so
instead you must use Reims Prunay (LFQA).

Prunay is very friendly, has customs and a good on-airfield
restaurant/bar and hotel and Avgas. You'll find the staff at Prunay
extremely helpful and they are excellent speakers of English. It is one
of my favourite destinations (and, for me, as I'm based in Brussels, not
too far away!).

If you can stay overnight you really should make the effort to visit
Reims itself. In my opinion, Riems is a superb destination on its own
with great architecture, Champagne houses, good hotels and excellent
shopping (so I'm told by my other half!). It's a bit of a trek from the
UK but if combined with a trip to nearby Troyes (LFQB) it makes for an
excellent weekend break.

Best Regards,

Simon Miles,
Builder #508,