RE: Europa-List: Cooling

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Cooling
From: Rob Housman <RobH@hyperionef.com>
Date: Wed, 12 May 2004 07:33:49

Thanks for the tip, Bob.  I've already made two unsatisfactory sets of the
factory's SS sheet firewall (with gaping holes for the rudder cables) and
will be replacing the current installation per your suggestion.

The ACS part number for "Firewall 2000 Ceramic Blanket" is FW2000 (US$32.70
per linear foot for 24 inch wide blanket material), the Firewall 2000 Caulk
p/n is FWCAULK (US$22.85), and the Firewall 2000 Kit, consisting of one tube
of caulk and 24 inch X 48 inch sheet of the blanket, is p/n FWKIT
(US$121.95).  Prices are from the 2002-2003 catalog.

And the fun part is that the caulk is listed in the catalog as (I'm not
making this up) "flammable."  We can only hope that means the uncured caulk.

Best regards,

Rob Housman
Europa XS Tri-Gear A070
Airframe complete