Re: Seating

Subject: Re: Seating
From: R.C.Harrison <ptag.dev@ukonline.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2002 10:31:23
Hi! Bob. (or Bob to Bob !!)
I've used a 2" wedge of Dynofoam under a BMW 316 seat pan of foam and
likewise the BMW 316 seat back foam cut down from the top all recovered with
fabric. But..... have you the XS cockpit module with the narrower centre
console?  Mine is Kit 337 so yours may be the original wide console and my
method won't work for you. A lot depends on your/and passengers trunk
height.
I'm quite a "short arse" but if I get a tall passenger I sometimes need to
remove the Dynofoam and sometimes also the BMW Seat ! I also cut out a
section of the Top of the BMW rear seat frame(including the two holes)
bolted it inside the "head rest" area of the cockpit molding to use the same
BMW adjustable head rests.
Regards
Bob Harrison G-PTAG Europa 337 MKI/Jabiru 3300