Re: Pitot-Static Head

Subject: Re: Pitot-Static Head
From: hedley brown <hedley@hedleybrown.flyer.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 23 Nov 2002 14:17:49
As a further provision against the static head falling off the pitot unit, I
have a tap on the line between the wing and the dash which can be turned to
allow the cabin air to be the static pressure, and turns off the wing
connection. It's an ex-hospital drip-tube tap which cost nothing and gives
me peace of mind against an event which has happened twice to my pitot unit.