Pitot-Static Head

Subject: Pitot-Static Head
From: Nick Hammond <Nick.Hammond@saabsystems.com.au>
Date: Sat, 23 Nov 2002 16:34:05
All,

Somewhere in the life of my XS kit (now in its third different city), the
pitot-static
head seems to have lost the insert for the end of the static tube which
prevents it from measuring dynamic pressure. Both tubes are now similar, with
open ends, so I'm left with a "pitot-pitot" assembly. This won't be of much
use unless I acquire or make a new insert.

These are typically a plug with a blank forward face and one or more radial
holes
at right angles to the tube. I would be very grateful if someone could take
the trouble to have a look at theirs and provide a description including the
following:
o        Dimensions (diameter, length protruding from the tube, length inside
the
tube if available);
o        Description of any profiling of the shape;
o        Position and size of pressure measurement holes.

Best regards,

Nick Hammond
XS Mono 418