Re: Baggage bay bulkhead to fuselage

Subject: Re: Baggage bay bulkhead to fuselage
From: clevelee@cswebmail.com
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2002 15:30:27
Raimo,

The discussion is in regards to the bulkhead portion of the baggage bay shelf,
where it is bonded to the interior top half of the fuselage.

Page 28-14 of the 1 October 1999 manual, Issue 2 for the Monowheel reads:

"Layup 2 plies of 'bid' onto the bottom fo the floor support ribs, lapping them
onto the fuselage floor and ribs by 25 mm(1").  ALSO layup 2 plies of 'bid' onto
the join between the top fuselage and the top of the rear baggage bay bulkhead,
lapping them onto each by 25mm (1")."

-This is one of those favorite paragraphs I enjoy so much. . .you know, the ones
where buried behind the first sentence is the second sentence which takes DAYS
to do or is a real b--- buster. :-)  )

We are discussing the need to clarify the second sentence to include reference
to apply tape to both the front and back side, or fore and aft sides, etc.

Consensus (requirement) is need to do both sides, and constructing a 'belly
board' that is supported by legs resting on pads inside the aft end and a brace
on the tunnel in the baggage compartment will allow somewhat more comfortable
ability to either lay on your stomach or back while putting in a series of 9 to
12" long strips. The board will help with other stuff back there too - like
balancing the stabalizer, adjusting the rudder pedals, etc.

Cleve Lee
A198 Mono XS Jabiru 3300
Detroit, MI

href="http://mail.cswebmail.com/jump/http://www.compuserve.com/trycsrv/cs2000/webmail";>http://www.compuserve.com/trycsrv/cs2000/webmail/