Re: Baggage bay bulkhead to fuselage

Subject: Re: Baggage bay bulkhead to fuselage
From: Cliff Shaw <flyinggpa@attbi.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2002 18:31:55

While on the subject, I'm thinking of reinforcing the bottom edge of the
access
opening with a wood or aluminum angle stiffener.  How else do you climb back
in
there without damaging the bottom edge of the opening, or cracking the
bulkhead
with one's body weight?  (Answers of 'Very carefully' are deemed
unacceptable!
:-) )  Is this an issue of concern? Suggestions?

Cleve

Glad you ask, I discovered a neat trick to clime in to the "D" opening.

I put two 5 gallon (empty) plastic gas cans in the fuselage behind the
bulkhead. I put a board across the top of them.  This gives me a platform to
rest my tired bones on while I put those @#$%%
  2 inch glass tapes on the
backside of the bulkhead. ( and pealply) !!!!!

Cliff Shaw
1041 Euclid ave.
Edmonds WA 98020
(425) 776-5555