Alumuniun as a reflector

Subject: Alumuniun as a reflector
From: Paul McAllister <paul.mcallister@qia.net>
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2002 21:32:58
Hi all,

This is a little off topic, but I thought I would throw it out to the group.
In an attempt to reduce the night time power load on my Europa I am going to
try and use high intensity LED's as my wing tip lights.  One of the products I
am looking to use is a high intensity LED that mounts on a heatsink. (see
http://www.lumileds.com/).

Is it possible to have aluminum anodized with a chrome like finish, or can it be
polished and some type of clear coat put on top?  I'd appreciate some input
---From folks a little more knowledgeable on this subject than me.

Thanks,

Paul  - http://europa363.versadev.com