Re: Battery Charging

Subject: Re: Battery Charging
From: Cliff Shaw <flyinggpa@attbi.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2002 21:53:18
Martin

It not necessary of recommended (by me ) to remove the battery wired to
trickle charge your battery.  Now if you are fast charging, pumping 5 amps,
then well it might be best.  The catch here is the voltage required to
charge. The electrical systems can stand up to 15 volts normally. I don't
recommend charging much over 14.8 volts.

I built Bob Jacobsen a neat trickle charger from a wall plug-in charger. I
installed a adjustable power resister and a LED with a bypass switch in the
charge + wire. I adjusted the resister on his battery in his plane when the
battery was fully charged for a 30 ma current flow. (if I remember
correctly)  He love it and I will make another one for my plane, Wile E.
Coyote.

I hope this helps make things easier for you this winter. I am glad I don't
have your winters.

Cliff Shaw
1041 Euclid ave.
Edmonds WA 98020