Re: Alumuniun as a reflector

Subject: Re: Alumuniun as a reflector
From: Fergus Kyle <VE3LVO@rac.ca>
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2002 23:40:21
Paul,
                Mebbe it depends on whether you want to satisfy the night
flight requirements down your way. I suspect they are not far from ours in
content.
                If so, the great deterent is not so much the brightness but
the distribution of the light. Here in Canada, it is paramount. Non-standard
lights are tested in situ to determine the acceptability for night flight.
LEDs are coming, but the stringent requirements are still a bugbear except
for the taillight.
                Good luck in your quest.
Cheers, ferg