Re: Bending Hinge Pins

Subject: Re: Bending Hinge Pins
From: Shaun Simpkins <shauns@hevanet.com>
Date: Mon, 6 May 2002 12:04:55
After an epoxying incident which required me to disassemble the
hinges ( to clean them ), I found that it's dang difficult to get the
pins out without cutting a large clearance in the fiberglass flanges.  Putting
it back
in without easing the end of the pin will score the inside of the hinge
holes as the pin has to be bent at a slight angle to clear the flange.

Since one has to cut off the bent part to pull the pin, it got me thinking
that maybe a better way would be to run some 0.032 stainless safety wire
through a hole drilled in the pin, and leave it straight.  One still has to
relieve the fiberglass...

Smart? Stupid?

Shaun
A207