Re: Headaches

Subject: Re: Headaches
From: bizzarro@easynet.co.uk
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 10:02:25
I also agree that kerosine heaters are a bad idea. As they burn they
exhaust oil vapour that clings to everything, including the surfaces
you are about to lay-up to. Infact, if you want to use anything other
than electricity, then use a gas heater thats heat source is entirely
isolated from the workshop. We used a balanced flue gas hot air
blower heater that by its virtue, had no way of ignighting anything
within the workshop. All it does is blow warm air recycled from
within the workshop. It worked well for 4 years until we outstayed
our welcome at the owners house. (but that's another story.

On the subject of bottled gas heaters, they are dangerous in my
opinion. Firstly they deposit vast quantities of water into the room
you are trying to warm and dry, and secondly, the exhaust fumes are
deadly. I nearly died a few years ago as a result of one of these
heaters. I only survived because as I passed out, I fell againsed a
door pushing it open. The fresh air coming up the stairs revived me.
If I had been another foot inside the room, I guess that I wouldn't
be here now

They are counterproductive anyhow. You have to have such a large vent
to get rid of the carbon monoxide, that you use most of the gas
heating the surrounding town and not your room!! Remember too that
the body will absorb the Carbon monoxide in preference to oxygen.

Ed

_

_

_
> The Europa Forum is supported by Aviators Network UK
> <info@avnet.co.uk>

/////Eddie Hatcher Bill Lams Nick Crisp///////
///SouthEastLondonFlyingGroup/////////////////
www.crispsite.flyer.co.uk/newropa.htm