Re: Headaches

Subject: Re: Headaches
From: n9zes@execpc.com
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 07:34:01
We insulated our 2-1/2 car garage, added drywall over the studs, and
installed a vented Modine "Hot Dawg" heater.  It's a low profile
residential garage heater, 45,000 BTU, and can use either natural or
LP gas.  It's super compact and heats the garage from 50 to 70 deg.F
in about 10 minutes.  With all the insulation (R-13 walls, R-39
ceiling, and R-8 garage door), the garage stays pretty warm all by
itself during this admittedly pathetic Wisconsin winter.  I don't
think we've hardly been into the single digits here.

Now if I could actually find TIME to work on the plane, all would be
set.  I'm spending half my life at our facility in Holland enjoying
Dutch beer, Dutch coffee, Dutch chocolate, and rain.

Chris
A159

> > > Bottled gas heaters also give off large amounts of water. I only
use
> > > electric heating in my workshop.
> >
> Hmmmm: I use a bottle gas heater (390,000 BTU) because it's the only
thing
> that will cope with the volume of the (un-insulated) workshop. (the
> laminating room is insulated, and maintains 70F in mid winter on
electric
> heating) - however, I use the gas heater to initially warm the air
and parts
> up to working temp.
>
> Sometimes  very low temperatures prevent me from working: the roof
retains
> moisture that freezes and then melts, raining inside the workshop
(so I
> don't bother on those rare occasions) but generally the increased
> temperature more than compensates for any extra moisture introduced:
the

<info@avnet.co.uk>