Re: Position lights - wires after the fact

Subject: Re: Position lights - wires after the fact
From: Tony S. Krzyzewski <tonyk@kaon.co.nz>
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2002 14:01:23

>> Mounting he strobe on the fin had occurred to me, but I was concerned
that the line of sight of top of the cabin is less than 30 degrees from
a light mounted on the top of the tail. Is the PFA approving this
installation in the UK?

I have many photos of UK Europas with fin based strobes so I would say
that the answer to that is a definite yes.

I was going to make a comment that, since you can't fly at night in a
Europa in the UK, the only time the strobe would be effective would be
when you have a dark backdrop or are flying in murky weather. As this
seems to be standard for a major part of the year over there the strobe
is probably still a good idea. I decided against saying it however as I
thought I'd get too much stick :-)

Tony