Reply Protocol

Subject: Reply Protocol
From: John Cliff <john@crixbinfield.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2002 13:55:21
> Any chance of reverting to the previous system, which was very
> user-friendly?
> Roger

Well, it depends, as usual, what you mean by 'user-friendly'.  The change was
made because it was believed that a number of replies intended for the List were
in fact going inadvertantly only to the message authors.  For a channel of
communication that is a drawback.

My mail program shows the 'To' address at the top of every message I compose,
and we all check the addressee of *every* message before we Send it, don't we

I'd like to give the current arrangement a reasonable trial.

To restate the way it is now, Reply to a message from the Forum will go back to
the Forum.  If you want to send a response elsewhere you will need to address it
explicitly.

John Cliff
Europa Forum minder