Re: Position lights - wires after the fact

Subject: Re: Position lights - wires after the fact
From: Nigel Charles <72016.3721@compuserve.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2002 09:17:55
Message text written by INTERNET:forum@europaclub.org.uk
>what "ball park" figure is involved?
Also the thing I'm really sensitive about ..... has it a manual squelch
adjust knob?<

It cost me $1295 in the USA. Obviously you would have to add VAT if you are
going to keep the UK Customs man happy. If you do this make sure you have
an enduser certificate so that he cannot charge more than VAT.

All the variables except volume are easily adjusted digitally by entering
the software routine (pressing the monitor button for 3 sec) and selecting
the appropriate parameter. Although this sounds complicated it is in fact
quite straightforward. On my initial test flights we needed to adjust the
sidetone level as it was too loud. Also fine tuning the relative levels of
the radio and intercom needed attention. All this became second nature very
quickly.

 If you have headsets with volume controls on the earcups it is best to set
the levels so that they can be set to or near maximum.This avoids having
too high a level on the amplifier output, reducing distortion. I have
modded my Peltor 7006 headsets for ANR. The overall result was very
satisfactory.  Taking the power for the ANR off the aircraft supply avoids
messing around with batteries - much neater. Switching in the ANR is most
impressive even though the Europa is fairly quiet to start with - should be
more restful on long trips.

Nigel Charles