Re: Firewall

Subject: Re: Firewall
From: Fred Fillinger <fillinger@ameritech.net>
Date: Mon, 21 May 2001 16:39:28
> I read an NTSB report of a tri gear in Florida that lost it's nose gear in
> flight. I think it was the demo aircraft for Europa. Is this tri gear system

> a strong - sound design? Does anybody have trouble with the hand control
> differential braking?

> Dave Anderson
> Gardnerville Nevada

That was Europa's demonstrator, and they'll tell you what some people
do in demos.  Sort of like no-charge structural testing for the UK
factory.  One weld was in tension.  An "AD" and fix-it kit (requires
welding) was sent out; new gear legs will incorporate it.  Should be
rugged now.

Regards,
Fred F., A063