Tailplane

Subject: Tailplane
From: Tim Ward <xtr120992@xtra.co.nz>
Date: Mon, 3 May 1999 23:28:14
Europa Builders
Would be interested in your comments and solutions, if any, about the
following observations. I am building a Mk 1 Classic Mono Builder Number
292.
1.After trimming the bottom fuselage the result gives you a higher
port tailplane fairing then the starboard. They were not level.
2. The port tailplane fairing is 121mm in depth at the torque tube cross
as oppose to 126mm on the starboard.
3.To make sure the torque tube holes were level and same distance from
the firewall I had to lower the port hole and a little forward.
4.Once the tailplanes are rigged the starboard one lines up well on the
fairing at neutral however the port is 3mm lower. They are prefectly
level.
Conclusion:
The  moulding of the Port tailplane fairing has moved up 3-4mm, as well
as not being the same depth as the starboard. It appears to be a
residual twist
in the fuselage.
Cheers,
Tim