Re: Tunnel stuff

Subject: Re: Tunnel stuff
From: Graham Singleton <grasingleton@avnet.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 3 May 1999 21:39:14

>I was thinking about how things are routed in the tunnel and
>came to the conclusion that I am not sure how everything fits:
>
>1) Landing gear in middle.
                                           Correct
>2) Rudder cables at bottom left/right.
                                       Correct
>3) Flap pushrod at top (right side?)
                                     Correct
>4) Brake at top left side.
                                                   Top right.
>5) Fuel lines (2 if I use the parallel fuel) somewhere
Most folk run the wiring down the sides just below the door frame. Also the
pitot static lines.

>How does all this fit?  How can I be sure that a rock kicked up by
>the landing gear will not puncture a fuel line?

I prefer to use solid aluminum fuel lines and protect with a glass lay up.
Fuel lines if flexible should be the stainless braided type. Teflon is best
but very pricy fittings. I would not recommend Tygon.

Graham