Re: Tailplane

Subject: Re: Tailplane
From: Fillinger@aol.com
Date: Tue, 4 May 1999 09:03:36
Tim --

I had exactly the same experience too. It's possible also that the cockpit
module bonding operation caused the "twist." Assuming both of Europa's molds
are OK, your're still bonding together the unmolded surfaces, subject to
variations in resin buildup.

When I saw what was happening, I Cleco'd the top fuselage half in place
before bonding in the bronze bearings, so there would be no more surprises
later.

On mine, it appears that some glass and filler on the tailplane moldings will
mask most of the error.

Happy building --

Fred Fillinger, A063