Re: fuel lines

Subject: Re: fuel lines
From: Miles McCallum <milesm@avnet.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 4 May 1999 08:19:56
 I have had a couple people recommend using Teflon fuel lines, but
>neither Aircraft Spruce or Wicks has such a thing.  Are the Tygon fuel
>lines the same thing?

No: teflon lines are PTFE and are covered with stainless steel braid: hose
and fittings (reusable) are available from Goodrich in Devon (Totnes, I
think) but are expensive - but they are indestructable, lighter, don't
degrade with time,  and rather trick looking (pity that they're hidden away!)

If you know what you want, (in terms of fittings -straight/angled) I might
be able to persuade a friend of mine to sort out a reasonable discount
-15-20% off list at a guess.

Miles