avionics-any bargains?

Subject: avionics-any bargains?
From: Graham Singleton <100421.2123@compuserve.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 1997 17:07:59
>>If I listen to the general wisdoms I should only equip for VFR, thus
leaving out your VORs,ADFs etc., but leaving in a transponder, a radio,
plus
the usual attitude display for the odd occassion when a cloud flies into
you.<<

If you fly in England/France you will value an artificial horizon for those
occasions when it's CAVOK across the Channel but someone removed the
horizon. Used elctric is the most cost effective. Vac pumps are unreliable,
expensive and waste power.
The next most useful piece of kit is a Navaid wing leveller to keep the
bird straight while you try to read your map, single crew, VFR and
threading between controlled airspace.
Graham