Europa-List: Re: MT04 Engine Mounts

Subject: Europa-List: Re: MT04 Engine Mounts
From: rparigoris <rparigor@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2023 06:19:57

Hi Kelvin
FWIW I made up some clamps to hold mounts in place, made for easy install:
https://1drv.ms/f/s!Ah1S270Nwg9VgoRx4Xz0YQSao28z8Q?e=b02rSh

I also made up some slotted spacers out of home plumbing pipe strap cut with a
tin snip. EZ PZ to add or take away spacers in situation, then measure and
install
washers the same width.

I used torque for the AN sized bolt used for mounting and ended up crushing the
spacers. I think Europa used to use thicker spacers made out of stronger
stainless,
now they are using just a thinner wall tube. Don't tighten the bolts too
much! I ended up making spacers out of 4130 and a bit thicker. I tested one
of the 4130 spacers in a vise and broke the bolt with no crush of the spacer.
I tested the mush metal Europa spacers, boy you don't need much top crush them.

My motor mount on our XS Mono didn't align too good with UCMF. I was able to
assemble
it, but mushed and pushed things so it made the motor mount look like your
offset ones a bit! If I had your offset mounts, I would assemble using them
to better align things without so much mushing and pushing.

If you have a Mono, I imagine you would replace your bungee? If you do, I left
a tail of bungee to make tightening easier and also added some extra loop/s. I
forget how many, you can count. Also the rear nut's that have cotter pins are
a pain to get to to remove. I added a length of safety wire to make future
removal
easier.

Here's the folder link:
https://1drv.ms/f/s!Ah1S270Nwg9VyHfneXbuyPfZHtAk?e=03hHN0