RE: Europa-List: Re: Throttle Level Housing

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Re: Throttle Level Housing
From: Bud Yerly <budyerly@msn.com>
Date: Sat, 13 May 2023 13:12:57
Dan,
Along with the basic fabrication of the throttle, the build information in
the manual is scant on the actual geometry you should strive for in the thr
ottle box as far as the cable end mounting, clearances, the hardware, stops
, etc.  Running the cables had many frustrated builders spending hours modi
fying cables.  I chose to keep things stock and learn from others how to pr
operly run the carb and later the choke cables.  I'm attaching my pdf info
on the throttle and choke mods and techniques I have used.  Keeping the cab
les from kinking is explained in the Etiquette file.

The T handle on the choke, the adjustable idle stop and 914 100% detent on
the throttle are favorites of those who fly my plane.  For cross country fl
ying the cockpit accessible (lever in my case) throttle friction is quite h
andy.

Best Regards,
Bud Yerly