Europa-List: Re: Anti Door Warping

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Anti Door Warping
From: rparigoris <rparigor@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2022 13:31:09

Hi Group
Nev's solution with passive pins and CF reinforcement works great. I made
cardboard
mock up and was able to get geometry spot on. Had packaging tape on fuse
and used JB KWIK Weld to temporarily hold in exact position. Then once  bonded
in perfect position and all is working great we then drilled fuse for screws.
If alignment is not spot on friction is high and it doesn't work.
It's hard to get your head around the geometry, but once you do, it works great.
We did install over a decade ago and  all is well. The pin and striker are made
out of SS.
My build partner Wayne was not convinced with my cardboard mock up. He called it
a muck up! It took him till after completion of pins and striker install and
actual fooling with to be convinced.
Ron P.

Read this topic online here: