Europa-List: Re: Anti Door Warping

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Anti Door Warping
From: Area-51 <goldsteinindustrial@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2022 22:59:50

Hi Ron, thanks for your request regarding door warping... to be straight up its
not an issue i have time to sit and examine; my time is constantly truly
limited.

The CAD testing calls for a non dynamic testing algorithm which will not be
accurate
enough to be useful to anybody due to so many variables; and that is the
b&w of what you are asking.

Cardboard is your best friend (and a pencil and some basic map charting tools)
; draw your solution and proof it on paper first using a pencil and circles; i
think thats how your passive pin system works? (See attached basic sketch)...
its going to be a solution of two arcs; the swing of the door frame and shape
of the pin and its parking gate. If you can get it to work with paper stencils
then it will work in situ. CAD will not provide you any better result or magic
solution. All CAD will provide you is the ability to record and replicate;
that's the only magic CAD will ever provide anybody. Personally from my quick
sketch i don't think it is a practical solution but more of a band aid for a
greater
upstream affect; i could be totally wrong and often am.

The issue is not really safety related, which is my focus. It does hold some
aerodynamic
qualities there, and the simple solution "is" strengthen the door frame
sufficiently at the time of production.

Read this topic online here:

Attachments:

http://forums.matronics.com//files/eec4e83c_aec3_460b_9585_589875a3317f_205.jpeg