Re: Europa-List: Cockpit ventilation

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Cockpit ventilation
From: Rowland Carson <rowlandcarson@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2022 15:55:26
On 2022-11-21, at 12:05, Dpc <dpc@knightonweb.com> wrote:

> Looks like it should work and at least direct the airflow away from
the knees! Have you removed the black finger screw that opens and shuts
the NACA duct and have it permanently open?

> Where did you get the eyeball vent from

David - yes, I removed the finger-screw on the 2nd one after the first
self-destructed. I then filled the resulting holes in the mouldings -
see:

http://www.rowlandcarson.org.uk/aviation/europa_435/fill_naca_duct.php
<http://www.rowlandcarson.org.uk/aviation/europa_435/fill_naca_duct.php>

As to the source of the eyeball vents, I was given a pair of eyeball
vents from another builder Peter Davis way back in 2008. I am not sure
if those are the ones I actually installed, as I also received a pair in
black plastic with a different mechanism from a kind PFA/LAA friend at
some time in the distant past. I think I still have the black ones
knocking about somewhere - would you care to have them if I can find
them?

Alternatively, look for a dashboard from a MkI Cortina!

in friendship

Rowland