Europa-List: Re: Tank vent

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Tank vent
From: n7188u <chmgarb@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2022 10:53:00

So at lunch I removed my failed vent experiment, cut one of the 3/8" tubes to be
about 1.5" from the fitting so that I can use it as my LR tank filling line
and shaped the remaining 3/8" (or 9mm I think) tube to be placed at the top
front
RH corner. I can wiggle the vent fitting at the boss and fill when it touches
the top and the side. I can also spin the fitting a little to feel when I
am just touching the top since the tube is not quite concentric to the fitting
(to reach the RH corner).

I think this will work just fine. A little sad to not have been able to increase
the venting area but we don't refuel these things everyday (I wish).

Regarding abrading the top of the tank, there are some heat shrink tubing out
there
that are gasoline resistant. Just a matter of putting some at the end of
the tube and move on.

Chris

Read this topic online here: