Re: Europa-List: Re: Tank vent

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: Tank vent
From: Pete <peterz@zutrasoft.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2022 11:34:09

It is near the top, but now you have me wondering if it is touching and
abrading..
Im gonna go in with a camera and verify some clearance. I thought I set a
bit clearance when I adjusted it. But need to now confirm for my conscience :-)

The T is problematic I found when the vent starts burbling.

Cheers,
PeteZ

> On Aug 22, 2022, at 11:14 AM, n7188u <chmgarb@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> Thanks for the reply Peter and interesting to hear you have no issues with the
1/4" tubing as I have.

> My vent system also has two vents at the cobra, both horizontal. One is for
> the
sight gage. The other is a tee where the tank vent is attached and also down
to the fuselage bottom. I have to say it works but from around 15 to 18 I have
to go very slow. Mostly not because the fuel will spit out but because the
sight gage becomes totally unreliable as it seems pressure builds up in the tank
and fills the entire sight gage up. Big deal, not really but wanted to improve
this to be more accurate. My sight gage is against the seatback surface near
the tank and not as indicated by the Europa manual in the foot well.

> Is your vent tubing in the tank touching the top of the tank? Sounds as it is
since you say you can fill to the top with no problem.