Europa-List: Tank vent

Subject: Europa-List: Tank vent
From: n7188u <chmgarb@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2022 07:35:33

Hello,

As I mentioned on a previous message, I am working on improving the vent in the
tank to facilitate filling. I have a pretty fancy vent arrangement suggested
by Bud and it works well but I built it with 1/4" aluminum tubing and it is
basically
insufficient in terms of airflow during venting. Works well in flight
though.

So I replaced the single 1/4" tube in my existing vent in the tank with two 3/8"
ones. One will be the permanent vent, still attached to 1/4" tubes to the
fuselage
vent at the bottom and the other will serve as vent when filling (with
a quick disconnect valve used by the LR tank but also as the LR tank filling
line
via an electric pump in the LR tank.

Well, enough background. My question is that the vent I placed worked worse than
the original because its probably not at the very top RH corner of the tank.
Can I have these pipes touching the top of the tank surface without fearing that
vibration will cause wear between the tube and the tank plastic surface? It's
very had to get the tube close enough without touching the tank top. It should
really touch ensure it is at the absolute top and to work well but a little
afraid of wear in the tank. Maybe overthinking.

Best,
Chris

Read this topic online here: