Europa-List: Re: Europa-List Digest: 6 Msgs - 04/18/22

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Europa-List Digest: 6 Msgs - 04/18/22
From: n7188u <chmgarb@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2022 07:08:57

Working on the annual. Yesterday removed the wings for the first time since
first
flight. So far no significant findings (just a few minor findings and simple
improvements that I wanted to implement)

It was actually fun to take the wings off. This is such a cool feature of this
airplane.

Still struggling to find an easy way to lift the airplane for wheel maintenance
and retract test. I thought I had a good system with a motorcycled jack only
to find that I put a small dent in the bottom due to the bottle jack arm
contacting
the fuselage [Evil or Very Mad]

Hoisting from the engine mount is a way I have successfully used but now that I
have the cold air plenum it involves taking it off (not a fan of hoisting from
the Rotax ring mount, looks like too much arm). I would like to jack using a
pad at the wing root (I do that with my LongEZ) but not sure if the skin in the
wing bottom can take it. I think ideally, but a bit of work, it would be to
make one of the nifty dolly's I have seen in the Europa forums.

Best Regards,
Chris

Read this topic online here:

Attachments: