Re: Europa-List: Re: Europa-List Digest: 6 Msgs - 04/18/22

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: Europa-List Digest: 6 Msgs - 04/18/22
From: Raimo Toivio <raimo.toivio@rwm.fi>
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2022 13:12:08
Hello all types of groundloopers!

There are also known few serial-ground-loopers - they are then the
third-type-tailwheel-pilots.

I still patiently wait my first happen with my beloved Europa.

Im still very proud of my original Airmaster CS-prop with original Warp
Drive blades.

Maybe that happens tomorrow - experience (so far 854 mostly happy
monowheel landings) helps, but it is definetely not a quarantee.

Experienced pilots tends to stress their limits, and then, the devil is
lurking just around the corner...errr...the loop.

I have dicked my nose blood several times, mostly when landing to Danish
islands like Endealave.

However,

I have that experience with an other tailwheeled ac - its tailwheel
went suddenly broken during the take-off, and a superfast 180 loop
followed.

Its starboard side wing collapsed (a high-wing-type), fuel make me wet
(a wing tank) and a gear collapsed also - in a split second - it was a
super-fast-action.

I did not cut the electrics because of the spark risk, and it was
difficult to get out - I got some help by airports fire-men.

Wheather was then totally calm, an exellent late summer evening. It was
a total surprise then.

Im so sad I havent then an action camera on.

Im also happy that my daughter was not omboard - I had invited her to
join to a little evening flight, but she happily said "no father - so
boring...".

Safe flights,

- Raimo

allekirjoitus2

Cheers, Raimo Toivio

Europa

Europa XS Mono OH-XRT #417 2007
Antonov AN-2 TDSRM AirCamper HA-MDO 1987
Beechcraft C45 Twin OH-BLL 1953

37500 Lempl
FINLAND

tel. +358-3-3753 777