Re: Europa-List: Re: I didnt understand about the gas smell until I star

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: I didnt understand about the gas smell until I started
From: William Daniell <wdaniell.longport@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2022 13:51:41
using mogas

Thanks guys.

I sort of vaguely remember a thread about the smell but smuggly paid no
attention because MY PLANE doesn't smell unlike other people's planes.  How
wrong I was!

Anyway on another note I have a Colombian homemade turbo on my 912.  It
doesn't have a TCU.  I was wondering about detonation.   The chap who
installed it said that nobody as far as he knew had the issue provided they
used AVGAS (in Colombia mogas is "variable" quality) and indeed the only
plane that I know of which did have a serious detonation in Colombia was a
912S.   It broke a piston - high compression with poor quality mogas was
the verdict.

Does anyone with a 914 have an airbox temperature sensor and if so has it
ever gone above 88C?

Will

William Daniell
LONGPORT