Europa-List: Re: Fuel coupling hoses at bottom of fuel tank

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Fuel coupling hoses at bottom of fuel tank
From: Matt Dovey <mattdovey@hotmail.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2022 01:16:06

Someone above mentioned Silicon hose. I wouldnt use it. It is NOT fuel proof, it
is fuel resistant. The link to Merlin Motorsport even says so. I thought about
using it on my fuel tank outlets. I bought some Silicon hose to try it out.
I put some fuel on the outside of the hose and the hose disintegrated. So if
the fuel resistant lining gets damaged or breaks down the hose as a whole breaks
down. It breaks down very quickly. The only warning you get is a puddle of
fuel. Silicon is OK for the filler neck, which isn't in constant with the fuel.

Read this topic online here: