RE: Europa-List: PV-50 Prop settings

Subject: RE: Europa-List: PV-50 Prop settings
From: D McFadyean <amimcfadyean@talktalk.net>
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2022 18:43:16
And in (training) microlight aircraft it's not unheard that the 912 will go
 to 3000+ hours.

Duncan McF.

> On 25 March 2022 at 18:12 Steve Ivell <SteveIvell@pestproof.co.uk> wrote:
>

>     Hi Pete
>

>     In the UK the Rotax912/4 is used a lot in microlights and they tend t
o be flown at much lower revs.... somewhere between 4000 and 4500....and I
don't hear of loads of gearbox problems.

r@matronics.com> On Behalf Of Pete Zut
>     Sent: 24 March 2022 15:36
>     To: europa-list <europa-list@matronics.com>
>     Subject: Re: Europa-List: PV-50 Prop settings
>

>     Can't advisde on the adjustment to get more fine, but opening a can o
f worms:  Isn't 4700rpm cruise brutal on the gearbox?  How many hours do yo
u have on the box now, and have you had a 600hr service, and if yes, what w
ere the observations?  The advice by my local cert'd rotax guys is to alway
s cruise above 5100rpm.

ail.com mailto:pwhawkinsbuilders@hotmail.com > wrote:

>         > >

> >         Hi
> >

> >         Some advice please on prop settings, my Europa has a 914 engine
 with an Arplast PV-50 prop in fine pitch it=99s set to give just und
er 5400 rpm static and on take-off works as it should the problem is when I
 set to cruise I aim for 130 Kts but I have to keep coming back on the thro
ttle not to go above that speed I end up with 130 Kts with an rpm of 4200 t
he problem started after a prop service, normally I tend to cruise at 125/1
30 for 4650/4700 rpm-ish, there=99s 10=C2=B0 difference between fine
and coarse pitch, which way should I adjust + or =93 the 10=C2=B0 pro
p difference?