Europa-List: Re: Question about cruise altitudes with a 912ULS

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Question about cruise altitudes with a 912ULS
From: rparigoris <rparigor@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2022 15:01:11

Hi Oliver

Not much details on mixture control.
** Is there a way of immediately bypassing leaning?
** Does the O2 sensor go through a test when powered up and if not within specs
gives you a warning?
** Do you have EGT/s?
** Can you control manually, get peak EGT and go richer?
Using an O2 sensor to control a mixture monitor does not require a fast response
time of the O2 sensor. Even a few second response time is fine. When a O2 sensor
is exposed to lead, it begins to slow down. After a while not only will it
slow down but high and low parameters begin to get closer. I have a mixture
monitor on my 914, I expect to get 75 or more hours out of sensor using 100LL.
I welded a bung onto tail pipe just downstream of muffler to hold O2 sensor.
If you are using an O2 sensor for mixture control, you need a fast O2 sensor
response
time.
Ron P.

Read this topic online here: