Re: Europa-List: Re: Fwd: Updates over Onderzoeksraad voor Veiligheid

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: Fwd: Updates over Onderzoeksraad voor Veiligheid
From: D McFadyean <amimcfadyean@talktalk.net>
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2022 17:58:09
Pete,

"....Except the indicator was correct for takeoff."

Was it? I understood the report assumed it was not (based on what was found in
the wreckage). I remain curious to know how the report could be certain that AND
trim was set during takeoff, not that there was much time for the trim motor
to be able to make much of a change.

Duncan McF.

> On 01 February 2022 at 11:42 Pete Zut <peterz@zutrasoft.com> wrote:
>
>     Except the indicator was correct for takeoff. Baffles me that a
> multihundred
hour on type pilot would mismanage the stick due to excessive trim....especially
in that direction.

>     PeteZ
>
>     On Tue., Feb. 1, 2022, 6:22 a.m. Roland, <schmidtroland@web.de
> mailto:schmidtroland@web.de > wrote:
>

> >         Hi Kingsley,
> >
> >         figure 3 in the report shows on the left picture the elevator in
> > ANU-position,
which is correct, since the aircraft finally stalled in a steep climb
(the Pilot obviously overrode the trim, which was in the full AND position
as shown on the right picture.