Re: Europa-List: Re: Fwd: Updates over Onderzoeksraad voor Veiligheid

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: Fwd: Updates over Onderzoeksraad voor Veiligheid
From: Westnet Mail <kingsnjan@westnet.com.au>
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2022 15:32:31
=EF=BBG=99day Fred,

Having not seen the AND and ANU terminology before, I found it a bit strange
 too.

The accident aircraft was trimmed fully nose down at the time of the acciden
t referred to as AND being Aircraft Nose Down.  Likewise ANU = Aircraft No
se Up.

Did you also notice the photo of the =9Cleft=9D tailplane in Fig
 3 being in the full ANU position?   On my aircraft, that is the right or st
arboard tailplane!!

Chat again soon mate.

Kingsley

Sent from my iPhone

> On 1 Feb 2022, at 1:28 pm, fklein@orcasonline.com wrote:
> =EF=BB
>
>> On Jan 30, 2022, at 11:52 PM, Hitchflight <bobhitchcock@icloud.com> wrote
:

>> https://www.theeuropaclub.org/news/fatal-europa-accident-hilversum
>
> Thank you Bob for this linkIn reading the investigation report, I
 come to:
>> 3.3.1 Incorrect trim setting
>>
>> The trim position was found in the full AND position, which is not a norm
al setting for take-off as it creates unnatural control feel flight and the r
isk of a ground strike of the propeller.