Europa-List: Re: Trim setting question

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Trim setting question
From: Richard Lamprey <lamprey.richard@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2021 04:02:50

Pete,
I have my Europa in Kenya, Classic monowheel, my base strip is at 6000 a.s.l,
usually
25-30C, so hot and high, and I have a Rotax 912UL and fixed pitch warp
drive.  So my conditions are probably different from most.  I trim the other way
to the way most have discussed here, ie on takeoff I trim nose up  this actually
has the bar in the indicator down below the centre, thats the way I have
it configured.  On takeoff this trim arrangement pins the tailwheel down, and
I keep it that way till 40knots, the minimum required to have tail-up rudder
authority.  Then, at 40,knots, it requires a gentle but positive push forward
to raise the tail.  With about 50knots indicated just ease back on the stick,
she comes off in ground effect, then forward push to get the speed up.  Then
with
positive climb out at 70 knots trim forward, ie nose down to maintain this
and away you go.  On landing I have the trim more nose down, so that the flare
requires positive back pressure.  My own particular way of flying the monowheel,
but maybe this helps.

Read this topic online here: