Europa-List: Re: Monowheel Brake Calliper Piston

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Monowheel Brake Calliper Piston
From: Franzgo <fgeuropa@orange.fr>
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2020 16:37:13

Hi All,

When visiting the Beringer facility in 2018 I was told that a higher pressure
was
necessary with the tubeless system in order to keep the tyre firmly inserted
in the rim. That's why I was not confident with this new wheel. And another
problem is the deflation quite accelerated (vs tube-type tyre), in case of
perforation,
no ?

Last question, maybe someone has kept the original master cylinder
hand-controled
with the Beringer wheel ?
I would prefer to keep it, personnaly I don't really like the brake command on
the control stiick.

On the other hand, the Beringer system is truly quite lighter, yes,  but yet
VERY
EXPENSIVE (More than 1200 euros) I think.

To finish about Silicon Oil (5.0, as 5.1 is not silicon), it is certain that it
can be used with the Beringer system, because it complies with ANY GASKETS, is
not flammabe, non toxic, non hygroscopic and whatsoever...
Moreover, no more fastidious purges, this oil is a lifetime product !

Franois
MonoW 914 Classic S/N 36
Vienne, France

--------